Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day, what to do?


Blogged.com


Labor Day weekend....What goes hand in hand with Labor Day Weekend? Well it is a MUST being a Texan, that there is a BBQ that you must be in attendance for. Whether you are in Zimbabwe, Cartagena, or Zurich, you must be in attendance at a BBQ somewhere! Well we aren't anywhere exotic as those places, just here in the rural area of Chesapeake, VA. I got an invite from a fellow Photog to bring my rugrats over, and enjoy some company while getting to try out my new Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM. Wait a second....Free food, great people, and unlimited photo ops with kids, kayaking, and laughter? That's a tough decision, so I flipped a two headed coin to aid my decision. Heads we go, tails I process images from a shoot that took place on the previous day. Somehow the two headed coin came up on heads, and off we went!

As soon as we were greeted, and welcomed to the backyard immediately the camera came out. Obviously my son seen something inviting, and he made a dash for it.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

After getting him "safetyed' up, he was ready to take to the water.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

First off, I'll toss in a few images of the most important people at the BBQ. THE RUGRATS, who else gives us such great photo ops?
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

This photo leads into our next group of shots...the people behind the scenes. As all great people do, we help educate our youth, and share our passions with them as well to help them grow.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

To protect the innocent, I'll just throw up an Alias so you all can see the fellow Photogs that I had the privelage to be around that day.

Don
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Tim


Ralph


Lilly


Jenn


Now with the quick introductions out of the way, it's time to get to work! Tim immediately went to town setting up and grabbing some of the Kayaking shots of the rugrats.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

I went to work also so here is a few I was able to capture.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Mel was able to provide me the oppertunity to do some practice on shooting silohuette's as her husband was shooting portrait shots of her.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Lots of shots of Kayaking on the water were taken for an Outdoor Portrait session, but as the sun dropped I moved around to grab a few personal shots of my own.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

What a close to a great day, now it's time for a shower, and a comfy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment