Sunday, September 12, 2010

My House is on Fire!!

This evening was a heart stopping moment. We came around the dark winding road which leads to our house only to find a huge 3-4 story cloud of smoke in the air illuminated tremendously by bright orange glow. Immediately I felt my heart in my stomach but due to how close it was to the road I knew it wasn't ours. I quickly scanned the area, and I didn't see anyone.

I was puzzled at first, until I seen a guy standing outside watching the fire while on his cell phone. I was puzzled because it was quiet, and no one was outside besides him. I jumped across the ditch in my truck, and drove across the grass immediately to him. I asked him "is anyone inside the house?". His reply was a simple "I don't know". I couldn't believe his response, he has time to sit and watch, while talking on a cell phone, but not go and make sure anyone was in the house. I drove up near the driveway, then got out to run around the front of the house, and start getting the house, and the surrounded houses clear of pets and animals.

Once I cleared the 4 homes around the one w/the garage on fire I came back to find some of the other people had began to gather around the back. There was a vehicle that was parked in the driveway. Luckily the vehicle was a manual transmission, but it was locked. A propane tank was used to bust through the windshield, to gain access to the car. Shifted that bad boy into neutral, and we rolled it back out of the way. From that point we just kept people away until the fire department showed up. Once they showed up I moved my truck back to a much safer distance, as we began to hear ammunition firing off from the garage.

Once the fire department was on seen, it gave me an oppertunity to relax, and begin taking a few photos.







If you look to the far right in the background, you can see what plastic siding on houses do with temperatures this hot. They turn to saran wrap very quickly!








After 20 minutes of blasting the fire with water, it finally begins to smoke on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment