Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sculpture Launch in Key West

On Jan 15 I took a walk through Ft. Zachary Taylor State Park to look at the launch of sculptures from local artists and artists as far away as Naples, Italy. Thanks to everyone who helped organize the sculptures that are on display, I got to meet some unique people and listen to them explain their thoughts, and creativity.

The water looked great today as I looked across the emerald waters towards Sunset Key.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Right off the bat I was introduced to the Luciano di Rosa and he explained his piece "Angel" to me.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

We continued to make our walk through the park and came across "Photosynthesis" by Myung Gyun You


Square Wave, by Bill Wood
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Contemporary Cannon, by Tom Risser
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

These next 2 were from local artists here in Key West, and I enjoyed them the most because they were just plain, simple, and to the point with a touch of creativity.

Randy Detrick's "Living Room" allowed us to get in the frame, and turn it into a 3d Portrait using our own creativity.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

John McIntosh's "#2 Tree" gets my vote for most favorite.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

On the way out, I tried my luck at playing with the sun through the "Crooked Forest". Well, it's the closest thing I have to forest here on the Key.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

Well, I can't end a blog without showing some of the local flavor either here in Key West. There are numerous "island cruisers", but this one was worthy of sharing with the rest of you.
Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMug

No comments:

Post a Comment